Wednesday 23 July 2014

GLASGOW PHOTO DIARY

On Saturday morning I took a long, busy bus ride over to Glasgow to stay with my friend Naomi for a few nights, she is currently living there as she is volunteering with the Commonwealth games. One of our close friends was leaving to go to America for a soccer scholarship which was a fantastic excuse to get all dressed up and head out for a few drinks and a proper goodbye! 







Hangovers cured, we headed out on Sunday afternoon for some high-intensity shopping, but first I felt I had to bring Naomi to Tchai-Ovna, a super-relaxing Asian-inspired teahouse in the gorgeous West End of the city. As soon as you step inside you're met by the warm smell of cinnamon and a world of other spices, the small seating area is decked out with sofas with loads of cushions, low coffee tables and shelves displaying the most beautiful china. The tea menu is categorised by each tea's country of origin and even gives you some information on the health benefits of each type. We settled on the Indian yogi yogi chai which is a very sweet, milky and spicy tea.

So with our bellies full of tea we explored the cute little markets, café's and shops of the West End, including this little vintage shop, where we raked through the massive jumpers and cardigans. They had some lovely thick woollen blankets which I would have loved to take home if I'd only had room to carry them.

We also visited almost every shop on busy Buchanan Street, it was a lovely day so we spent some time watching the buskers. I had my very first Forever 21 experience in their 3-floor shop and was a bit overwhelmed! I didn't end up buying that much (considering the number of hours we spent shopping!) but my few purchases will surely make their way into a blog post soon!

Vicki x



Credit for photo 2 to https://www.facebook.com/tchai.ovna.9
Photos 1, 5, 6 and 9 taken by Naomi

Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Wow Glasgow looks great! Will definitely add this to my travel list after seeing this post ;)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very intrigued by that teahouse! Glasgow sounds like a fab place with that and the shopping, I'll have to go! xx

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look cute! and looks like you had fun...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glasglow looks so great, been to scotland but not there wish I went there and your outfit looks great. love it.
    http://suzishrestha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete