Friday 25 July 2014

THE 'DO-NOTHING DAY' DUO




As I write this I am lying out in the garden with a glass of water with orange and lemon slices in, soaking up as much of the summer sun as I can. I've got a day off work today, we're having the greatest summer ever here in Scotland, and the only thing I want to do is enjoy this rare bit of sun, which leads me to this post. I'm sure we all have those bad skin days where, even though we aren't going anywhere or doing anything important, we can't bear to bare all! At least for the sake of the poor guy at the checkout of the local shop who may be the only person we meet!

So the base for my makeup today consisted of these two products, Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser and Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer. I'm not a primer kind of girl at all but after the massive hype over the Benefit Porefessional Primer I really wanted to find a cheaper alternative, and Baby Skin wasn't hard to find. It comes in the form of a clear, light gel which starts sinking in the second it makes contact with the skin, smoothing it over perfectly. It really does what it says on the tin (or tube) and you're left with a face as soft as a baby's! I really love the quirky looking packaging as well! My only complaint here would be that it doesn't smell of anything, but we can't have it all. 

I've recently repurchased this Rimmel concealer for maybe the third time, it's one of my favourite products ever, I'm also a big fan of the foundation from the same range. Like the foundation, this comes with an ever-so-subtle shimmer that can barely be noticed but gives you a nice wee glow to make you look refreshed even when you've been up half the night playing Kim Kardashian's new app which you've become completely addicted to (guilty!) It's got more of a blue than a pink tone so is great for masking redness and blemishes but not as good for covering dark patches under the eyes, but it does it's best! 

With a quick swipe of my favourite bronzer and mascara, I'm ready to face my, ahem, not-very-busy day! 

Let's be honest, I'll probably not even leave the house..

Vicki x


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!

    Wish you a great weekend!

    XX
    www.floortjeloves.com

    ReplyDelete