Friday 1 August 2014

AN APOLOGY TO FACEWIPES


























Last year was really the year for skincare in the blogging/youtube world, and ever since then most of us have ditched the trusty cleansing wipe for more complicated routines and consequentially they have become a bit of an outcast. Don't get me wrong, using a proper cleanser that's suited to your skin type can work wonders and is usually much more effective for removing makeup and dirt than wipes alone ever was, but does this really mean that we should ditch the wipes all together?

Recently I bought these Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes for the first time in what feels like forever, and I don't regret it one bit! One part of my evening routine I really hated was fussing around with water and cloths to remove the makeup that I'd just smeared all over my face using my cleanser. I'd have to clean up after myself when I'd soaked half the bathroom, I'd have to rinse out the cloth (impossible) and switch it every 2 days or so to keep up the hygiene and to be honest, when it's late at night, I'm tired, and a cup of tea and a movie are already waiting for me, I just can't be bothered!

My new routine doesn't require water at all! The cleanser is an oil and can go straight onto my face, it does it's thing and then I use one of these wipes which removes everything! There's no rinsing involved, everything stays clean for the next night, and it's easy enough to give my face a wipe in the mornings if I don't feel I need to full-on cleanse it again - because who has time for that? On those really lazy/tired/drunk evenings where I would otherwise not bother to take my makeup off at all, the wipes are there to save the day even if I'm falling asleep in the process. This method is also pretty easy on-the-go, I've even been able to cleanse and remove my makeup properly at festivals, where using a clear, colourless liquid from a plastic bottle can be a real hit-or-miss situation.

I went for the Simple wipes because I really didn't need anything fancy to go along with the rest of my routine, but there are some really good make-up removing wipes out there which don't get much recognition. Examples including ones from The Body Shop from their popular Vitamin E range, Yes to Cucumbers which are all-natural, made from superfoods and also biodegradable, and from Soap and Glory which apparently smell minty and can help prevent spots and lightly exfoliate your skin as they go.

I may give some of these other wipes a go (Soap and Glory ones are on offer in Boots!) and I'll let you know how I get on! Give me a shout if you still swear by cleansing wipes and if you have any recommendations.

Vicki x


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I agree that wipes are sooo much easier and more practical, but I can't use the because they sting my eyes!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always take face wipes with me on holiday as they're just so much easier! I've been loving the Yes to- wipes lately :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete